Gratz on the deployment today!

Topics: User Forum
Feb 19, 2007 at 9:45 PM
Congratulations on the 2nd release.

I'm unable to try it out now but will leave some feedback later today.

BTW, I was wondering if you had considered trying to use Ageia's PhysX for the physics engine - seems like I saw something about it being XNA friendly and I'll bet they release a version for the 360 before too long.
Feb 21, 2007 at 9:25 AM
Thank you,

In the next example I am going to refactor codeplex project Quad Tree.
The physic engine I will use in future. But thanks anyway for advice.

Feb 22, 2007 at 5:25 AM
Yes congratulations!!!
Feb 22, 2007 at 6:45 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply but I finally got a chance to play with the 2nd release the other day.

I think it's a good start. IMHO it was wise to create a simple demo that lets you experiment with things like the object serialization and network connections before you try to get them working in a more complicated application.

I do have a couple of suggestions though.

First, I think you should change the controls a little bit. It would be better if the camera only panned around when you were holding down the right mouse button (or a toggle key or something similar) AND that copy of the client has focus. The reason I suggest this is that it is currently very hard to run 2 clients on the same machine and get both of their cameras looking at the same part of the scene (so that you can tell both clients exist in the same game space).

My second suggestion is simply that you should slow the balls down a little bit. I think this would also help show that multiple clients are looking at the same part of the scene.

I may have more comments after I have looked through the code a bit - I just haven't had time to do that yet.

Keep up the good work.
Feb 22, 2007 at 8:19 PM
Thank you for suggestions.

At the server application you can setup all necessary game settings, including speed of balls. You can play with these parameters to estimate engine performance and appearance.

Currently I am in process of refactoring existing project - Quad Tree to provide more interesting example and estimate how much does it cost to integrate my engine with other projects and how made it more easy for use.